Alnico Magnets are extremely resistant to heat and corrosion and can operate at temperatures up to 500C. While Alnico magnets have very high Br values, comparable with NdFeB and SmCo they are easily demagnetised by external fields, but careful design can minimise this. We can help advise how to minimise these issues. With correct designing, Alnico can be a very powerful magnet with a superb temperature characteristic that no other magnet can match. It can also be used for applications where fine tuning is advantageous.
- Full range of sintered and cast Alnico magnets available
- Alnico is especially suited to customer specific or bespoke complex shapes and sizes
- Alnico is suited to anything requiring high field output and operation at really high temperatures. Up to 500C.
- High Magnetic Performance due to High Br Values - although low coercivity.
- High Corrosion resistance.
- Alnico is easy to “tune”. Which is important in some applications e.g. spectrometers and other specialist testing equipment.
- Typically used in sensors, generators, loudspeakers, electric meters and even dc motors.
- Can be ground to very tight tolerances.
- Manufactured at ISO9001, ISO14001 and TS16949 accredited audited partners.
- Certificates of Conformity, MSDS and PPAP’s available.
When specifying or considering using Alnico Magnets please call or contact us for technical assistance. UK stock holding for Kanban / JIT deliveries is available. All customer specific magnets are inspected at our UK magnetic inspection facility. For full details of our capabilities visit: bunting-berkhamsted.com/magnets-experts